Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday

Busy day here.. well, not really. We're getting into a bit of a routine... I wake up super early, and just as I'm about to fall back to sleep after being up for a couple of hours, Raf, like clockwork, wakes up between 5:30 and 6am. I bribe him with homemade videos on youtube on my iPad, and for about an hour he's fairly happy and then Rich takes him downstairs for breakfast.. and I have another little nap.

Oh, it's such exciting times!

This morning Rich took Raf to get some trainers (sneakers, in American speak). We haven't been able to pry him out of his crocs so we didn't think this would go well. But Raf picked out a pair he liked - a lovely colour but they are Nike (which we don't like) and he's actually wearing them. Thanks to the age of digital communication Rich was able to text me pictures of the shoes so I could approve, or not.


I was just happy that he liked any shoes other than his crocs, so a very successful morning for Rich and Rafi.

Meanwhile I had an unexpected visit from my boss and her mum, who didn't mind sitting on my bed as they kept me company. Jeanne noticed that my eye was sore, and indeed it does look as though I have an eye infection which is having the effect of closing up my eye. Sadly I'm blind as a bat in my other eye so I'm hoping it clears up soon.

Raf and I had a lovely couple of hours together while Rich had a bit of a break (and boy does he deserve it). Fortunately Rafi has really taken to bed rest with his poor old mum and we cuddled up while he watched more homemade videos on youtube. He is funny: as he finds a new video he says, "I like this one', and I have to respond with, 'do you?', and then he can watch it... he has no idea if he likes it or not but it's quite sweet that he says it.


We had to coax Raf out of the door to head to the park and away from bed rest and his iPad, but he had a fine old time with his dad and even wore his new shoes!



I have to say that the worst part about being confined to my bed like an invalid is missing out on these times with my little family. It's much easier during the week when Raf would be in school anyway, and I would be at work (I embrace bed rest then, frankly!), but on Saturdays and Sundays I do feel pretty fed up. I'm hoping to feel up to just being able to sit on the beach and watch Raf play for an hour or so. Fingers crossed.

To finish off the day Rich brought home some Thai takeaway to celebrate a big exam he just passed for his MA. We're incredibly proud of him and it represents a lot of hard work. Raf really enjoyed the fried tofu triangles!

He's getting so grown up!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Richard!!!!! That's wonderful! Good for you.

    And so nice you had a visit from Jeanne and her mom. It sounds like Raf is doing great in his new shoes, too.

    Hope you're feeling okay----

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I always say I am a big fan of Rafi's hairs!! He looks so handsome with blue t-shirt and new shoes.

    Yay Congratulations Rich!!!

    ReplyDelete