Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Poppet - 30 weeks

In the midst of a lovely time with my sister and Raf's cousins, I've had a few Poppet appointments this week. I saw my midwife on Monday and yesterday I went to the maternal fetal center for my 30 week ultrasound and check-in with the periantologist. I have been feeling quite sick still, so hadn't gained any weight in the last month and I was a bit worried as my stomach was measuring a little small (though within normal limits). Still. I was glad to have the check in the next day and to have an ultrasound to check on growth, and so on.

We got to see one of our favourite sonographers, Janet, who had put us in her calendar so she knew to look out for our chart. Fortunately everything looked super, though he had dropped in size percentile moving from just over the 50th to just under. 

We were lucky enough to get some super shots, though he was covering up his face most of the time with his little hands. It was very lovely. Both Rich and I think he looks a lot like Raf in utero and one of the pictures showed that he already has hair growing! We're hoping that like his older brother he's going to have an impressive hairdo when he's born :) He weighed in just over 3 pounds and unlike Raf doesn't have a large head, but does have longer legs (at least according to the scan data).



This is my favourite photo of the little one's legs crossed... getting ready to kick!


I really have so few pictures of my tummy so I stole this from my sister's camera as it shows how big this baby is getting!

At 32 weeks I go to the high risk maternal fetal place for ultrasound and monitoring and I also start seeing my midwife every other week and then, soon after that, weekly. I can't believe how close this baby is to coming. We're not ready at all, don't have a name - or even much of a list. We still need suggestions... 

4 comments:

  1. You're doing great! So happy for you!! I'm sorry you continue to feel so sick, though. I'd make you sunbutter brownies if it would help. I have no problem eating plenty of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Brooks or Grayson? I'm with Raf and still like Charlie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh he looks so much like rafi. I thought at first that it was a picture from his scan for comparison. I was putting something in my diary this week which happened to fall on your due date, so soon. I'm sorry you have are still sick. the pictures of you and freya are so sweet, she really loves auntie alex huh!

    love lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will never stop finding scans incredible. I love you al

    ReplyDelete