Thursday, August 23, 2012

Misc.

Thanks for all of the name help, everyone! We're settling on a few favourites now, though anything could happen as nothing is really popping out to us as it did with Rafi.

I have hit the 33 week mark, which means that I'm 3 weeks into my 6 weeks of bed rest. I had a really good appointment with my one of my favourite midwives yesterday. My tummy measurements are almost back on track and Poppet passed his non-stress test with flying colours. Rich was also able to come, which was a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting him to be able to join us...

The midwife also thinks that we'll get to 36 weeks with bed rest, and who knows, Baby Toast might just want to hang tight in there for a few more weeks after, which would be fine with us as I would love to get some strength back and things more organized before he decides to put in an appearance.

Baby Toast did, though, receive his first present! A lovely colleague sent him some beautiful hand, knitted socks, which she picked up on a trip home to Canada. We're loving the colour, especially as red is Raf's favourtie. Thanks so much, Amy!


In Boy Wonder news... Rafi continues to enjoy preschool. Rich was running late from work yesterday so I picked him up and delivered him to gym class where Rich was waiting to accompany him. He is getting so good at listening and paying attention, and he really, really loves his gym class. I watched (not a good bed rester yesterday) and he was so funny and sweet. There are some pretty wild boys in his class and I have to say that he does seem fairly angelic in comparison.

Until we got in the car. He wanted some water out of a white cup, which we didn't have in the car, and when I explained that to him he screamed and cried for almost the entire journey home. Rich mentioned that he'd done this last week after school and gym class. He was quite exhausted from such a busy day, but we think the screaming has more to do with containing himself all day and all evening - following rules and his peers - and when he's with us all the frustration of 'disciplining' himself and internalizing expectations just gets to be too much. I let him scream (heck, I had no choice!) and expressed some empathetic words, and he was feeling a lot better when we were a few minutes from home. Poor little guy.  He was so tired. When I came to bed his nappy needed changing, and honestly I dreaded waking him up because I imagined he'd be very grumpy and would then find it difficult to get back to sleep... Much to our shock - as it's never happened before - he didnt even really stir as we took him to the bathroom, laid him on the floor, and changed him.

That was one tired kiddo.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute socks loved it! Glad that the bed rest is helping you Alex. Keep cooking baby Toast :)
    Way to go Raf!! Any new gym videos? I always love seeing him in motion :)

    ReplyDelete