Tuesday, August 14, 2012

32 weeks.. almost!

I've just returned from a really great ultrasound and midwife appointment. Baby Toast is doing brilliantly and seems wholly unaffected by all the things that have been going on lately. We got some super snapshots, including a very cheeky one where he's sticking out his tongue, and the video shows him wiggling his fingers as though he's waving. He's weighing in at a guesstimated 3 pounds 11 oz, and while Raf always measured ahead - and thus big - this little poppet is a bit smaller - and today was at the 35th percentile.


In really, really excellent news, though, a recheck of my cervical length showed a really marked increase and it's now considered normal length. I cannot tell you the relief I feel. It seems as though bed rest does indeed work in my case, and while I hoped that it might mean less restrictions, alas, it just means that I will continue with it since it's having such a positive effect.

I felt really confident as I went off to my midwife appointment. While there I had a stress test and while poppet was asleep for the first part, he did eventually 'pass' with 1 good acceleration and one marginal one. That's good enough for now.

I did ask about his size as I am measuring small and while the first growth scan had him around the 60th percentile that's fallen to the 46th percentile two weeks ago and now he's at the 35th percentile. The very experienced (and lovely!) sonographer wasn't worried at all, and my midwife wasn't super concerned. She did note that I have lost quite a bit of weight and that my weight gain has been quite minimal, though I honestly think bed rest and my atrophying muscles can account for that. But this week it's operation 'eat', hungry or not, just in case it is because I'm not getting in enough.

Anyway, I'm feeling much more relieved and positive and the end of bed rest - well, 4 more weeks - seems perfectly doable.

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Brilliant news Alex!
    Love Nicki xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful news al! glad that bedrest is working (even though I know it is torturous for you). love lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Bring on the builders bars, chips and vegan yummies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent news Alex! That is amazing that bedrest has that kind of effect on the cervix, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is excellent news. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear! Now eat something yummy! (and then eat it again) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex, I am so happy to hear this! Keep up the good work! We just returned last night, so I was hoping there would be some good news to greet me this morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete