Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sweet, sad, funny Raf.



I spend a lot of my time gushing over this little boy. He is so sweet and lovely and everyday I see some more of his personality coming through. When he wakes up in the morning and starts talking with his eyes half closed, sometimes all happy, sometimes a bit grumpy - it's usually not long before he is a happy camper and full of hugs and kisses. And then he demands his shoes so he can go downstairs for his breakfast.

Mind you he is not always a happy boy, and mostly it's when we say 'no' to something, such as when he asks for another ice pop. Yesterday he asked for another pop, brought 2 over from the freezer, even. I said, "I'm sorry, Raf, you've already had two. Can you put it back please". He was pretty mournful, bowed his head, and trudged back to the freezer to put them back. This morning we said 'no' to something else (I forget what) and he stood in front of us with his sad head bowed. I said, 'Raf, do you want a hug?" He shook his head. I asked him if he wanted "more toast, more kisses, more yogurt, more seeds, more this, more that", and each time he shook his head, slightly bowed, but we could see he was working hard to maintain his sad look. I asked if we wanted 'more tickles' and starred to sing 'round and round the garden' and before we knew it he was giggling away trying to tickle Rich.

I do wonder if this next little poppet will have Raf's sweet disposition.

5 comments:

  1. Colin has started that head down, pitiful thing. It's all I can do not to laugh at him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL We can barely stop ourselves from laughing, either! I usually try and give him a big hug and empathize and he'll usually let me, which is good so I can smile and giggle and he can't see me. These poor boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww i wish i was closer! what a sweet boy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that photo! And what a lovely way you handled the situation, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his expression :-) He is such a Doll !!!

    ReplyDelete