Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Neglected Child

This poor second child. This blog began as way to write about Rafi, and here I am at 18 weeks into this pregnancy and barely we've written a word about this poor Poppet 2. I think at this point in pregnancy I was writing about 10 times a day about this fantastic baby and with this pregnancy we've not really had a moment to think about things let alone pontificate about it all on a blog. And others are inevitably less interested in a second pregnancy - which is completely understandable. But we really need to make a concerted effort to think about everything, and to be as thoughtful and excited as when we were expecting Poppet 1.

When I was expecting Raf I would call my parents daily to speak with them about it, talking about names and when they would visit. Dad invariably wanted us to call any son Angus, Lachlan, or Hamish. Um. We did talk about girl's names back in September and there is one name that we all liked, but pretty heated disagreement about the boys. So we've been trying to think of names, especially boys' names since we're really liking one girl's name in particular.

Names that I'm beginning to like for boys include Xavier, Otto, Theo, Oscar (vetoed by mum and dad, actually), and perhaps a couple of others.

I actually have a Midwife appointment on Thursday and we have our anatomy scan this Friday morning. Last time I was 100% sure we were having a girl, and so clearly my intuition is off. I think I'm having a girl this time, too, so we're fully expecting a little brother for Rafi.


7 comments:

  1. I'm totally interested!!! Otto, I LOVE Otto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll be quite disgusted with me but I love the name Lachlan. I mooted it a couple of times while name choosing but Hubby wouldn't have it as he thought it would get shortened to Lach. (I still thought it was nice, even when shortened!)

    Xavier complements Rafi beautifully, though I'm still a vote for Theo.

    Good luck on Friday...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lou! I am pretty sure that you're our number one reader!

      Ariella, you know Lachlan is really growing on me! I like xavier primarily because it goes with Rafael...! Keep the names coming.

      Delete
  3. Yay! Baby naming time again!!! :) Love it, love it! I like all the names actually, but most especially Xavier. I like it very much. I kind of hope it's a girl just so I can hear about the name that you've been holding out on for so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love all of those names! And I want to hear which girl's name you have in mind! How exciting. It was lovely to see you today, and I can't wait to do dinner. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. THEO!!
    Love it.
    I also really like Lachlan, and even though it's a very different "genre" from Rafael, the soft consonant sounds match very nicely.

    I also love your girl name and think you should just go for it without worrying if this is a little girl. Esp. if you go for the scan and find it's a girl, you can all - including Raf - start talking about the babe using her name, which will make things a bit easier when she's out in the world!

    xo
    fia the name fiend.

    ReplyDelete