Sunday, May 27, 2012

Holiday Weekend

It's not over yet, but so far we've had a super holiday weekend. Yesterday was very hot and after forgetting Raf didn't have a gym class - and being the only parents who turned up to an empty gym - we spent some time gardening and mowing the lawn and then headed to the beach later in afternoon. Raf had a blast. He liked to collect on the pretext of making the sand wet for sandcastle building, but mostly he just loves to collect the water. So many older folk were sitting watching him as he was squealing every time his toes touched the cold water. Here he is pouring the water over Rich's feet... that's a lot of fun!


Today some friends came around this morning to check out our baron landscaping and to see if they can help (fingers crossed). My friend Amy has two lovely little girls, both younger than Raf. Raf was so proud to show Analise his trains and his other toys upstairs, and Rich - who was up there too - reported that Raf was offering to share his choo choos. He is so pleased with his toys when he shows them off!

We all headed outside, and as I was showing Chris around the yard, Raf and Analise played on his little slide. All of a sudden (I missed it, but thank goodness Amy had a camera!) they spontaneously hugged. It was so sweet!



And then there was a goodbye kiss. The little charmer!


After a busy morning we headed to a wedding reception at a golf course. The wedding was actually a few months ago in Israel and it was great to have an American celebration! I must admit that I've been looking forward to Rafi wearing his new shirt and tie since I found in on NextDirect. He pulled it off nicely, I think. He wouldn't wear the new shoes we bought him for more than three minutes so he ended up back in his crocs. I was very happy he didn't take off his tie.  He had a lovely time running up and down the stairs, watching the golfers, and generally running us ragged. 


5 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous boy with a beautiful little spirit. you're doing something right (a lot!)...love u x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, oh my! He's so adorable! :) What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lou and SH! He is such a sweetheart.

    We're not a vegan family when I'm pregnant as I am so bloomin' sick, and tonight we walked up to the local ice-cream shop and Raf had his first ice-cream. My goodness he was so excited. He said, 'um, nice'! We're going to see if the ice-cream place will get some soy ice-cream in as he loved it. He was covered in stickiness and totally happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! J is already looking forward to the beach at California. We had a picnic and she said
    "are we going to have a picnic on the beach?" no beaches in Nebraska :) It looks like a very lovely weekend. I just have to say, I am so thankful for digital cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kiss is so cute!! He's going to be a little heartbreaker. :)
    I love the shirt and tie. He looks utterly adorable.

    ReplyDelete