Sunday, May 13, 2012

Double Celebration

It was a double celebration in our house today. It was both Mother's Day and my birthday! Poor Rich! We had a super day. I've been feeling quite sick again, mostly because I ran out of my zofran prescription, but this morning I felt quite good so we headed out for a really lovely family run. Unfortunately I had a camera malfunction so we lost all the photos of the run but it was a gorgeous morning and we ran to Camp Ellis where we stopped for a walk around so Raf could stretch his legs and do his own run. We finished the run along the coastal road and then back along the trail which leads to our house. We always feel incredibly lucky when we're running around our new neighbourhood. It's like being on holiday with the sea and trails.

We came home to a lovely brunch prepared by Rich, with beautiful flowers and balloons. Raf was especially happy with the balloons and bagels. After a brief rest we headed back outside on our bikes and hit the Eastern Trail and rode our bikes to the Scarborough Marsh.







We were all pretty tired, and starving, when we got home so after a quick lunch I hopped in the bath for a very long soak while Rich and Raf made a birthday cake! I came downstairs to a wonderful birthday/mothering Sunday tea and Raf thoroughly enjoyed eating the icing from a spoon.







Raf treated me to a pedicure and massage voucher and Rich bought me the most beautiful rose. Roses really remind me of my dad so it was extra special.


I felt so lucky to have all my boys with me there today - with Raf, Rich and this new little one on the way (though goodness knows we have NO idea what we're going to name him). Hard to believe that this time next year I'll have two rug-rats.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Looks like a lovely day and I am so glad your boys looked after you as you deserve!

    Big love my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! J would have loved the balloons. Glad everything was so nice for you on this extra-special day! (and now to think of some boy names!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, belated birthday wishes! It sounds as if you had a wonderful day and were fully spoiled by those men in your life.
    I admire you so much for finding the energy to go running and cycling despite the sickness. I was good for nothing during my pregnancies...you're an inspiration! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe.. how sweet of your boys to give you a wonderful birthday mother's day!! I am sure next year It would be triple joy with the addition of new little one :-)

    ReplyDelete