Friday, May 18, 2012

Adventures

A busy week at the Poppet household. We're all looking forward to mid summer when things hopefully calm down a bit. In the meantime Raf continues to be the funny little fella that he is. For a while now he has a new game, which involves getting stuck (on purpose) and then asking for help. He does this on the bed where he squeezes himself between the mattress and the bed-frame, and as he climbs into the space he's already shouting 'I stuck!' He also does it when he climbs onto his seat to sit at the table. He moves the chair as far away from the table as is possible, usually turning it right around, and as he climbs on declares that he's stuck because he's too far away from the table. "I stuck" is invariably followed by "help please". I caught an episode on my phone yesterday - this time involving long grass.








In other adventures someone accidentally knocked on the gas knob on our cooker/range and without us knowing we had a gas leak. I couldn't work out the smell at all when I got home (duh) but opened the windows anyway. I was working upstairs all day with this nasty smell and it wasn't until Rich and Raf got home that Rich worked out what it was and turned off the gas. Of course we were scared to turn anything on in case there was a big bang so we called the local fire service to get their advice, and before too long we had two very loud fire engines arriving at our house!!!!!! It was a bit overkill but the fire officers we saw were extremely nice and gracious about it and even invited Raf to sit in the fire engine! Aw, dreams do come true. he was pretty happy.





3 comments:

  1. Oh, if only they'd come in a train!

    Such adorable photos. And glad you all are okay--that is scary about the gas.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rafi is just too cute!!

    Thank goodness you didn't have anything awful happen with the gas leak. Did you suffer a bad headache from it?
    When I was expecting Gabriel, we had a boiler problem and the gas engineer was here for ages. The smell of the gas gave me a terrible migraine and made me feel even more nauseated than I already was!

    ReplyDelete