Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sweet big brother

We've been trying to get Raf used to the idea that there's a baby on his way. We're having varying success. We play a game when we point to something and label something incorrectly, to which Raf responds, "noooooooo", and laughs. When I say there's a 'baby in mummy's tummy', Raf's been responding with the same incredulous, 'noooooooooo', and laughs as though we're telling him a big funny joke. We also ask him if he wants to kiss the baby in mummy's tummy and he does, but then he blows a big raspberry!

We're not sure what to make of all this. He does love to read his 'baby is coming' books, and at the park yesterday, his nanny told us, he was super interested in an 11 day old baby. Apparently he was very sweet. When he woke up this morning, after asking from some kisses, and after I had bribed him for a few minutes with my ipad (it was 5am), he said, 'kiss the baby?' And he gave my tummy a few kisses - without the raspberries (although perhaps there was one).

As I was getting up and getting changed into my running kit, Raf went for it and gave my tummy a big hug and kiss. It's a terrible picture but it's so sweet.


This evening we sat on the couch and my tummy got my kisses and a couple of raspberries. As he went up to bed with Rich he said, 'night, baby',

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! Dr Sears wrote a good book called What Baby Needs and (I bought it, I should have waited but ever the optimist, bought it...) anyway, it has co-sleeping and lots of nursing and baby in a sling and talks about how baby will grow up and be able to play with older siblings some day. It's really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also a lovely book called 'There's a House Inside my Mummy', by the guy who does the Purple Ronnie poems - I could barely make it through that book without crying when I was pregnant with M&F xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I'll see if I can find it!

      Cath, what an adorable book! I just found it on Amazon. Rich bought Raf a new baby book and he is so sweet as he reads it.

      As he went up to bed tonight he once again said, 'night baby', and kissed and hugged my tummy. Funny boy. I think he's going to love being a big brother.

      Delete