Thursday, May 10, 2012

Names

Our scan is tomorrow and I'd love to have a list of names for both boys and girls so that I can start to imagine some real possibilities. I've mentioned before that while I'd love to have a girl, we really don't have super strong feelings either way and would be happy to hear that everything is looking good. Of course having a little sister for Raf would be lovely, not least because of all the cute polka dotted clothes I could buy (not to say that Raf doesn't have some spotty clothes himself... he does!).

Thanks so much for your ideas and feedback. Our lists seem very short still, though, and I had to take off Otto because of the last name.

So.. boys:

Xavier
Theo
Charlie (I know that doesn't seem to go with Raf AT ALL!)
Sam(uel) Sam(son) - but since we have a dog names Sammy I'm wondering if we could get away with that. The truth is Sam is one of my all time favourite boy names.
Lachlan (Rich is not on board with this idea, mind you).
August (I don't think this would be very popular with our families)
Oscar (ditto above)

Did I miss a name?

Girls:

Basically we have one name we like, which is Isla, but also we quite like:
Ruby
Thea
Annie (Rich doesn't like it at all, though).

So... keep those names coming as we're a bit stuck.

8 comments:

  1. YES! My new favorite activity instead of writing a paper.

    I love the names you have on your lists already, they are wonderful. I definitely love Xavier, and Isla is so pretty, I happen to also be a big fan of Annie. :)

    Ok, here are some more, because I'm procrastinating and I love babies.
    Boys: Lucas, Liam, Cameron, FInley (Finn), Noah, Elijah
    Girls: Annie, Abigail, Miriam, Charlotte, Piper, Avery, Elena, Maggie

    ok...I'm done for now. :)
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo!
    Isla!

    done and done :)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boys: Xavier, Theo
    Girls: Isla, Gloria, Victoria

    Good luck Alex! Can't wait to know the little one a boy or a girl !

    ReplyDelete
  4. any and all!
    i really love isla
    excited for your scan!
    love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... now we know!! Will be working on a big reveal post!!! Wow!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I love your taste on names, Alex! Hope to hear the gender announcement SOON. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unless it's a big no-no (like naming after some disowned family member or something) I say name what you and Rich like, not the extended family. (although I know I really wanted my mom to like our baby names). Now you can just focus on the boy names. I don't think you can go with Sam though, with your dog. I know it wouldn't be naming him after Sammy, per say, but really, it'd be too easy to accidentally call your child Sammy and he'd probably ask if you named him after the dog.

    ReplyDelete