What a misery I've been this week! Fortunately the end of the week brought with it some perspective.. and some optimism. So a quick lulu list...
1) I was coughing all night and feeling very ill and even had Rich cancel my wonderful prenatal massage appointment.. but, thank goodness, I felt better later this morning and managed to get to the gym. Ive been using the elliptical whilst pregnant and since it's non-weight-bearing I don't feel quite so graceless. I also lifted some weights and felt grateful that I feel so strong and fit, even!
2) Even though work is crazily busy, I'm extremely grateful that the end of the semester is drawing to an end, and I'm extremely, extremely grateful for being granted leave in this fall. Thank you!
3) I ordered the home-study hypnobabies class on Wednesday. Time is moving so quickly...
4) Rich is putting cream on my feet, as I type, and I am very grateful for that.
5) ... and having the poppet.. and how, despite all the sickness, that this has been such a healthy pregnancy thus far.
6) Whilst I have a lot of longing for family and belong, etc., I have really a lovely surrogate family in the form of my friends. And for you readers, too :)
7) Very excited that someone - Jen and David! - have offered to host a baby shower for us. What a lovely, lovely thing.
8) And, again, whilst the homesickness is there I feel more than fortunate that Deb is taking care of me and the poppet and that (all being well) she'll help see him into this world. It's very, very special.