It's hard to believe that I am close to six months! The past couple of months have flown by. Increasingly, I am becoming very impatient for the little guy to arrive. When I was driving home from my evening class on Monday, tired and with a horrid headache, I thought about how lovely it would be to be going back to the Poppet. I just can't wait!
But then again I have done so little so it's probably a good thing that we have a few more months :)
Things have been very busy and stressful at work. I have taken on far too much this semester, and keep on taking more... I am feeling somewhat indebted that the Dean has given me paid leave in the fall... for the ENTIRE semester. I am extremely, extremely fortunate as there is no policy at the university, and previous deans and presidents have been very much against it. While I will be given a few tasks to do from home (just working on our department website, for now), it means that I will have from the middle of May to the middle of January off. Phew.
In being so appreciative I keep saying yes to students, other faculty, the dean, etc., and this work I feel so thoroughly worn out.
Warning... this is a bit of a whinge...
But I feel so fatigued and run down. I'm not sleeping at all well, even though I wake up at 3am VERY tired, I can't seem to fall back to sleep. I think it's the fact that Poppet is having a little dance party, or something. That, and I have a trillion things running through my mind and I frequently need to pee! I've also been experiencing quite severe headaches in the afternoon and I have my second cold sore in a month. Boo. The ongoing sickness has taken a turn for the worst this week, as well.
Oh, how did I forget about the fact that my feet are beginning to swell? Which is just... well, swell!
Working out seems to really help with the fatigue. I noticed that as I did an hour on the elliptical yesterday that I was slowing down, though...
Things are also wonderful, too.
A lulu list
1) I'm so grateful to be pregnant. Even with all the whinging ^^^ I am always so happy to be expecting this little fellow. When we toured the other local hospital, Maine Med, I though about being there (well, the other hospital, probably) and I felt like crying.
2) My friends - you lot - have been so wonderful to me. I don't know what I'd do without you. And especially my more local friends, especially Jen (and David and Sage, of course).
3) I'm really glad that I joined a gym! I know.. I ordinarily hate gyms, but I'm grateful that it's allowed me to continue working out, which makes me feel better in every way.
4) It's SPRING! The warmer weather is on its way, and even though it might not be 'warm' by others' standards, it's certainly warm for Maine, right now. Walking the puppies yesterday evening with the late sun shining and the snow receding, was pretty wonderful.
5) For my new stroller :)
6) The maternity leave I have... I don't know what we'd have done or how we'd have coped without it.
7) Rich and the pups... Kiltie continues to want to lie on me, or right next to me. He can definitely sense that something is going on. While we decided that we'd start easing Kiltie into sleeping downstairs when we got back from our hols, I can't bring myself to do it yet. Every night he curls up right next to my tummy... it's just too precious! I know we have to do it soon, though. I'm also grateful that Rich is going to get rid of the 'kitchen couch' this week. Right Rich? it's been SIX weeks :)
8) So grateful for Deb, who I see today.