Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kindness of friends and family

I've been meaning to write 10 millions posts detailing how kind and generous people have been. From the little reveal party put together by our wonderful friend and neighbour Shannon, to the little sprinkle single handedly put on by mum, to the many, many, many sweet gifts this girl has received both before and since her arrival, to the lovely thoughtful pressies for the boys (and their mama!), and the many visits, food deliveries, and good well wishes. I can't keep up!

Before mum left us in February, we had a very fun evening opening up all the sweet gifts she's bought for Hatts. So many lovely frilly, floral things (I am a fan of floral in general, and you add it to some clothing and I am swooning!), and of course PINK! It's a colour I like, and whilst the boys wear some pink here and there, it's not always easy to find in clothing they'd like. 


Ta da!


More!



What a swag!




Sarah Hope sent through some lovely onesies around the same time (I must take pictures), and my friend Julie sent through a beautiful picture frame, pictured below.


Before Hatts arrived, our friends Noah and Stacey plied us with delicious food and put on a little sprinkle at their house...


And since Hatts was born we've been inundated with visit and gifts (who can resist the girl clothing!?) Almost our entire neighborhood has been around with homemade blankets, food, and the sweetest outfits you can find. Our friends Beth and Scott visited last week and brought with them lovely things for the baby girl as well as beautiful books for each of the boys.




Here she is sporting some of her cute outfits!



A very lovely hat from our neighbour:


I've even received little gifts from my students! One of my favourite students brought around the sweetest cardigan and bonnet her grandma had knitted for us!


We've received so many lovely things and unfortunately I don't have pics of everything. Louisa sent a selection of adorable clothes from the UK. Rich's brother and family sent some adorable summer rompers, whilst my sister Bex sent over a box of goodies including the most adorable dresses with those big knickers. And my friend Nina packaged up a massive selection of clothing from her daughter. An old friend from my college days, Shahzad, sent Hatts a very generous gift certificate, and our admin assistant made us a beautiful blanket.

And then a massive thanks to my friend Amy who arranged for food to be delivered. Alicia popped around last week with some delicious soup and the sweaters outfit for my girl, and yesterday Jen came around with more delicious soup and bread as well as a hundred presents for the Hatster, me, and the boys, Ali had come around last Tuesday with pasts, homemade hummus, and cookies, and the boys are very pleased they're not subsisting merely on hot dogs!

I didn't get a chance to write a lithe blog on getting ready for Harriet. Whilst the moses basket and crib are in our room (Hatts is actually in bed with me, though) we did turn the spare room into a nursery for her. We needed a new box spring and mattress as well as some shelving and drawers anyway, so this was good motivation to get moving with that.

Here are the boys helping me put up the furniture... (mum and I had gone down to Boston's Ikea to pick up a few things).




During bed rest I found some sweet coral and teal prints on Etsy.





Some mementos of us finding out it was a girl!



THANK YOU to everyone for the kind gestures and words. Having a family of 5 and two dogs is madness but a lot of fun.

 Hard to believe she's been here for 3 weeks already. Poor girl is enduring her second cold of her short life and was up all night as she was just so, so uncomfortable. That also means 'poor me' as I was up with her!





No comments:

Post a Comment