Saturday, September 22, 2012

Birthday Party and a Trip to the Movies

Raf had a new experience today... his first trip to the cinema! His friends' Colby and Sawyer were having a birthday party at a local theater which also serves food and, unbeknownst to me, also caters and hosts parties. It was Colby's 7th birthday, so a big boy birthday, but Raf and a few other 3 year olds were invited along to keep Sawyer company.. and also Colby is a big boy that 3 year olds tend to look up to :)

Unfortunately we've all come down with new colds, after just getting rid of the head cold from last week, so poor old Raf woke up very stuffy and a bit grumpy but he did first go to football practice. He didn't have the greatest of times, but he was very excited to go to the birthday party. I told him that the movies was rather like watching a big telly. I don't think he really got it.

But he had a fabulous time! He adored the popcorn and pink lemonade, especially! When the film previews came on and the lights went down he was pretty taken aback but I was very surprised that he made it through almost the entire flick! It was a lunchtime film and I could see that he was getting very tired (he usually naps at school around 12:30) and almost at 2pm he asked to go home. En route out we spied Sawyer and Karla playing on the arcade games, and Raf managed to find the strength to play with Sawyer for another half an hour before I dragged him away so he could nap in the car.

A really, really fun afternoon for Raf. He is definitely out of sorts, poor lad, but hopefully he'll be fighting fit tomorrow. Each weekend we keep thinking it could well be our last as a family of 3. Raf is becoming very excited about his little brother. We were watching a show and a baby appeared, and I thought that Raf would burst with excitement when he suddenly spired the baby and pointed, as he beamed with delight, "baby"! He then explained how he'd feel his baby milk bottle to the baby. Last night he actually tried to feed Baby Toast through my tummy. I got a very sticky bump as a consequence. 

I really think he's going to make a super big brother. 










4 comments:

  1. He'll be a great big bro! I am so sorry you all came down with new colds. Please feel better soon! Are you getting enough rest? xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaah such a sweetheart. Hope you all feel better soon. The blanket is somewhere in the US so hopefully you'll get that in the next couple of days x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow at the cinema seats you get in the US. Much better than the bum-numbers here in the UK! Rafi does look so tired in the last photo of him in the car, but what a fabulous time he had!! We're off to the cinema next month for four free viewings, part of National Schools Film Week, and it's always a treat for the kids as taking all of us to see a film is pretty expensive.

    So sorry you guys are still suffering from colds. Hope they go as soon as they came. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie... Not much rest lately but I'm hoping on Tuesday that I'll have a very lazy day! It's me and Raf on our own tomorrow, which is honestly a bit of a challenge these days! I foresee a train shop with a chair in our future :)

    Lou, I cannot wait for this blanket. I'm going to be taking it to the hospital with us and we'll wrap him in it when we're on our way home. x (Please send word of an update when you can... miss you).

    Ariella, so sorry to be hopelessly behind on your blog! I'd not been to this cinema before. It's great because the chairs move, too! It's very comfortable. And have fun at the movies! I just saw that this cinema has mum and me free screenings on some days of the week. Looking forward to that :)

    ReplyDelete