Monday, August 26, 2013

Botanical Gardens

I returned to work full time last week. To say I am sad would be a massive understatement. While I've been working all summer, I've mostly done it from home so the boys have been around and we've done something fun most days. After a busy week of meetings and events, Rich arranged a trip to Maine Coastal Botanical Gardens. Given that I have a mountain of work to do, I was a little reluctant to go, but what a treat! We headed there on Saturday with a picnic and clear blue skies, and enjoyed a good few hours wandering around the beautiful - really stunning - gardens. I'll upload more pictures later of the children's garden, which was spectacular. Both boys had a blast.



Raf brought with him some trains. Both of them thought the path was a wonderful train track, and Charlie was so funny as he crawled behind his brother - both pushing their trains.


"Don't take my hat. Char-vee!'


We strolled around for a couple of hours - Rich and I both feeling serene, Raf taking in the many sights, sounds, and smells.





Raf loved the frog pond.










And we all enjoyed the reflexology walking stones.



Raf exclaimed, 'it's beautiful here'! And indeed it was. Definitely worth the drive to Boothbay. I'll post more later when I write about our Sunday, which was another 'staycation day' here in Maine. A brilliant weekend all around.

1 comment: