Tuesday, October 9, 2012

40 week scan.

Yes, still pregnant....! What a funny boy this little poppet is, threatening to come at any moment for almost 10 weeks and now taking his own sweet time. I was feeling fairly low on Saturday about everything, mostly because of the discomfort of the extra fluid. I must have adjusted to the new levels as Sunday felt a lot easier, and now I feel resigned to being pregnant for at least another week or so. Mostly I feel incredibly glad that he's stayed put.

Indeed he seems to be growing like a weed! I had my 40 week scan today and he's gone through a big growth spurt. 4 weeks ago he was guesstimated to be in the 29th percentile, and two weeks ago in the 52nd... today he was estimated to be around 8 pounds, 6oz - which puts him in the 79th percentile. Eek. These scans can be off by a pound either side, so I think he's a little smaller than they're guessing. It's that ever growing head and tummy!

Sadly my amniotic fluid levels continue to rise, so my sense that there was extra fluid wasn't wrong. I have an official diagnosis of polyhydramnios, which is actually fairly awful, though now it does feel tolerable.

Despite all this extra fluid and a seemingly big baby I'm still measuring 3 weeks behind - so I am wondering where this kiddo is hiding.

This morning Rafi was very sweet. It was a very early morning start - before 5am - and after asking for a big hug, asking where his sheep was, and asking where Daddy was (in the bunk bed.. poor daddy), Raf said, 'mummy, I'm excited'. I asked him why, and he said, 'baby Charlie coming soon'.


I hope this was intuition.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely little prediction! And can I say that the photo is PRECIOUS? With the sheep in the foreground!

    So Alex, I am going out of town tomorrow and I am home late Sunday. Rafi was born when I was in Alaska, so I suspect that little Charlie-Toast may just show up before I get home! (It would be just my blasted luck!)

    Will be thinking about you!!!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete