Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Busy Week

Has it been a week? It almost feels as though one day merges into the next without me even noticing. So what have we been up to? Raf is currently going through a growth spurt (I think! as he is eating and eating and eating. He's waking up multiple times throughout the night to eat and basically eats all day. Plenty of couch time for us then!

And here we are:



What else?

We're going to Spain in about 10 days. Raf's passport arrives yesterday, and it's very odd that he has different citizenship to us. Melissa, Sam, Freya and Rory will also be visiting and we just learned today that Rich's dad and stepmum will be in Spain, too! We'll only cross paths for one day but its a funny coincidence and great that Rafi will get to meet all his grandparents. We're all hoping that Lou can come across, too... so many people to meet!

What else? Raf rattled his rattle for the first time. I managed to catch it on film, too, so look out for that. He also had his three month jabs. We're following the Sears' schedule so it was Hib vaccination. He did very well. I nursed him immediately afterwards and he was right as rain. Much better than last time around. We asked the nurse to weigh and measure him and the Chunky Monkey is 13 pounds 7 oz and 23.5 inches long. What a big boy.

I also interviewed a potential nanny. She is really lovely. A midwifery student who wants to attend home births, with lots and lots of nannying experience. She seems very closely aligned to our own parenting philosophy and she's the first person I've met, outside friends, who I could imagine leaving with Raf. Hopefully I'll be able to share her with Kate so that it's more affordable.

In other news, Rafi got to meet his friend Gianna on Friday. When I was pregnant I joined a few online message boards. In one group we had a July 16th due date thread and I got to know some women online quite well. When we went to Florida in March we met up with one of them, Angie, and her husband Dennis. Their sweet little Gianna was born one week after Rafi. They spend some of their time in Boston and this past Friday they came up to see us. We had a lovely time at Flatbread Pizza. They had very kindly bought Raf a lovely outfit, and since Gianna doesn't like her Baby Amby hammock they bought it up for Raf.

Here we all are:



5 comments:

  1. Great pictures of Rafi and of you! Life with a little one sounds like it doesn't have time to get boring, so I am glad that you are still having time to be with friends. I imagine that Raf's grandparents are all very excited to meet their grandson. I look forward to a day when I might meet him.
    xo you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pix, Alex! And the updates. It sounds like you all are doing really well and you must be SO excited about your trip!

    Miss you--
    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow alex - you seem to have adjusted to parenthood like a duck to water ... i remember finding it an enormous upheaval - it took me six months to even catch my breath! i'm so glad that you and rafi are doing so well - you both look adorable :)

    katexx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, LA :)

    Jen, so lovely to see you today! What a nice surprise to run into you. I was just dropping off tenure letters.. Poor you having to read them!!! Hope we get to see you before Spain. Miss you too,

    Aw, Kate, you're very sweet to me. I have to say that I feel really pretty surprised that I've adapted this way. I am not someone who generally relishes change, even good change. But is the best. It makes me want a lot of kiddos . I can really appreciate why you'd want 4!!

    Hope we see you, Lou.

    ReplyDelete