Sunday, July 6, 2014

Birthday-eve

5 years ago I was in Mercy hospital in a world of pain as I suffered some pregnancy induced kidney problems. I'd been in hospital since the 5th as my lovely Dr. tried to get the pain under control. By the evening of the 6th, things were a million times more manageable and they induced labour. I remember not being able to get any rest as I was simply too excited to meet the little boy. I stayed up most of the night chatting with one of the nurses, Megan, as she rubbed my poor swollen legs. Deb came to check up on me at 10am, broke my waters, and 6 hours later Raf arrived.

He made me the happiest person I could ever hope to be.

Minutes old...


1years old.

2 years old.


Three years old.


Four years old.


Final day as a 4 year old.



This is the first birthday where I've felt some melancholy and I suspect it's because Raf is soon off to school - no longer a baby, toddler, or preschooler, but an ever increasingly dependent little boy who's getting ready to be in the big wide world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment