Monday, July 23, 2012

Cousins - Part one!

So much to catch up on as it's been an incredibly hectic week but I wanted to share some photos of my sister's and her kids' visit thus far. They all arrived last Thursday and I collected them. Freya (5) and Rory (3) fell asleep en route, as you might imagine, so Raf didn't get to say hello to them when they arrived late that evening, though he got to follow them into their bedrooms and was very excited. The next morning was a lot of fun and the kids played on Raf's new play set (a post in its own right!) and then we all headed to the beach with the pups... 





Freya reads Raf stories in the baby's crib...


After an exhausting night for my sister, I took Rafi and Freya out to pick up some groceries and after their busy morning they both feel asleep in the car (Rory was asleep at home).


The next day Raf showed introduced Rory to the American game, baseball (which we're all a bit confused by).



And then we went for some good old fashioned fun at OOB where we all enjoyed chips and rides on the fair ground! The kids had such fun!






Saturday we got to enjoy the beach - and Freya was fearless in the water. I'll gloss over the trauma of trying the boys to share a shovel, but needless to say we've had a lot of sharing 'issues',



Post beach bath before a trip to Kennebunkport for dinner and ice-cream!


A quick ride on the whale first, though...


Freya is my little shadow thus far.. she's incredibly funny and a super story-teller!



Raf enjoyed a lovely berry sorbet.



A low-key Sunday with plenty of arguing over toys but some energy spent outside in the pool and sprinkler soon cheered everyone up! 


Followed by a little picnic on the beach... 






4 comments:

  1. What lovely, lovely photos! So glad to see all of you having such a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and how fun for Raf!! You and your sister look SO much alike, my goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My best childhood memories weremlikenthesebat the beach with my cousins. I,too, was the only girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos - new family memories to share and cherish. :)

    ReplyDelete