Sunday, September 8, 2013

Getting Ready!


I'm trying to get ready for a trip to the UK. Charlie and I leave tomorrow for a work conference. My mum is flying in from Spain to look after him when I'm at the conference giving a paper. We'll scoot back down to Cheltenham for a couple of days (and my sisters will all visit us!) and then we'll fly back on Sunday. I'm nervous to fly solo - and I'm really sad that we won't really get to see anyone, but I'm excited that Charlie will get to meet some more of his aunts. Of course this morning, everyone woke up with colds. Gah.

As I was packing some toys for Charlie, though, I asked Raf, "do you think Charlie can take your truck as it's his favourite toy?". Raf responded, 'Well, um, I don't know, actually, it's my favourite toy and Charlie might choke on these wheels. See? He could choke..."! He then conceded, "aw, okay, Charlie can take it for the week".

I can't express how much I'm going to miss my little boy wonder. I've only been away a few times - and only for one night.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your trip is off to a great start, Alex--have a wonderful time! And it will be great for Raf to find out that he can manage this, too. (Although I know you will miss him like crazy!) xoxo Have fun!

    ReplyDelete