Friday, June 8, 2012

Poppet 2

A very busy week here. After my Monday descent into crazy, I felt a little better on Tuesday and so went away on a work retreat for two days. It was my third night away from Raf (once was a hospital stay and the other was another work retreat). Honestly I have felt better but I called my midwife and they had an appointment for me on Wed, after the retreat.

Fortunately for me I got to see my so far favourite midwife, Jen, who is just a lovely woman, fully of empathy and understanding. She was very kind. Baby Poppet was measuring right on (22cm), with a nice strong heart beat, though he kept moving around a lot! We did talk about how I can try to recoup some health, and to that end I agreed to work half days for a couple of weeks. It felt like such a relief, but it's working out to be just not tenable. Yesterday I got up and started work at 5am and worked straight through, with breakfast and lunch at my desk, until I had to leave in the early afternoon for a PT appointment. And then I worked until 11pm last night. Today was not much better. 

Oh well. Hopefully things will be less crazy in the next couple of weeks.

Today I had my first growth scan. Rich was planning on coming with Raf but had a last minute emergency so I was left going with Raf on my own. Let me say that this was somewhat challenging, but Raf was such a good boy and was excited to see the baby on the telly! Fortunately the sonographer was fast and we were in and out very quickly. 

Baby is measuring a few days ahead still, but mostly everything is measuring average - even the head! The exception is that tummy of his, which is pretty big :) 

He was head down, but because he was facing away from my tummy we couldn't get any good photos of him. I do have some film and some snap shots of his hand (which is pretty cool) but no real image. Hopefully next time! I'll scan a picture in tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Glad Baby is measuring just great but I sure do hope you can cut back on work somehow...

    ReplyDelete