Monday, June 11, 2012

Friends

One thing that Rich and I are very sad about is the fact that Rafi is growing up without any cousins nearby. It can be such a special relationship, and though I didn't grow up around cousins I have seen my friends and their children have very special connections with cousins who grow up close by. Raf has two cousins very close in age to him - Rory and Rafe - and I think we really miss out not living closer to them.

When Raf was enrolled in his old nursery, he had two great friends - Sawyer and Rory. Amidst a large group of girls, these were the three boys - close in age and similar in personality - and they became fast friends. We were sad to leave the nursery and even sadder to leave these two lovely little boys. Raf has seen Sawyer a few times since December, but this past weekend was the first opportunity we've had to get all three boys together.

We all met at Sawyer's house and had a fabulous morning with Sawyer's mum and his older brother Colby (the sweetest boy who looks after all of his little friends like a good big cousin), and Rory's mums: mommy and mama B. We all had a lovely time while the boys played. I like to think of all the boys keeping in touch over the years. I think it's really special to have life-long friends.









Raf had a really fun time and at the end they all enjoyed a good hug. Raf is a very vigorous hugger!

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! He is such a loving boy! He is going to LOVE having a little brother to hug, too, I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rory had a great time too. We would love to get the boys together regularly as I think they'd all benefit.
    -Momma B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so, too, Jen! He kisses the baby many times a day (and blows the odd raspberry). He pats the baby and says, 'hi baby, bye baby'! Such a funny boy. I dont know how he's going to feel when he seems me nursing him, though...! He is still a bit addicted himself ;)

    Momma B, so lovely to spend time with you! Let's make another date for later this month. We're pinning down a date for Raf's bday and we're really hoping you can all make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. What an affectionate soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw....very very sweet pictures :-) Wish we were staying close!

    ReplyDelete