Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oh what a lovely day...





My first father's day! It was such a lovely day with Al and Rafi, after a week of feeling blah - we did some of the things we love to do, whilst also planning Raf's 1st birthday party which is in less than two weeks!!

Let me recount a few of the highlights - Alex taking Raf out of the bed for a few minutes so I could get a few more minutes sleep-in. Usually Raf is left with me - and more often than not recently I will get an unprovoked poke in the eye to wake me up - so that was a bonus this morning.

Two bike rides - one with Al with Raf in the trailer, with me behind drafting and saving at least 15% energy. It all counts at my age...The second one was on my own, around and down by the river, it was beautiful out.

Presents - a cup with an adorable picture of Rafman on the side, a card with Rafman on it - and a book I can read to Rafman about a cat. Lucky me, photograph's hopefully to follow...

We headed out for lunch, stopping in a lovely toy store to buy Raf's main birthday presents, and a few other little items. Lunch was lovely, in a vegan way I like, plus coffee refills, which again at my age I accept in increased volume.

We headed home, pretty tired - and we're happy to have spent the day together! And I never did get near to starting the staining of the deck!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being such a good papa, Rich. Raf loves his daddy so much!! We had a great weekend and I'm looking forward to taking the little fella for a swim tonight with the entire crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw..loved the card and cup with Rafi's lovely pictures :) Lucky boy lucky parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it. so glad raf has both of you. what a great start that little boy is off to...

    love you all x

    ReplyDelete