Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

This has been the most wonderful year of our lives. A decade ago Rich and I were on a beach in Spain, ringing in the millenium with my parents and thousands of Spaniards. This year I'm on the couch with the laptop and Rafi - who has been very poorly this past day and a half - who is snoring away on my lap. Rich is in the kitchen washing up.. Boy, are we living the high life!

I have never felt quite so contented and happy even with all the chaos of a newborn. We have so many loving people in our lives and I'm thankful to you all. I have many post brewing for tomorrow(!), but for now I want to say how grateful I am to you readers - some of you friends and family - some of you who have just happened upon our blog somewhat by chance.

We love receiving your comments and I hope that you'll continue to leave your words, and those of you who read and don't comment, I'm grateful to you too, though please don't be shy as it's lovely to have your voices and words documented here.

So some things I was randomly grateful for today:

1) Rafi being lots better and sleeping!
2) My Group Power class at 5:30am and a very brisk (cold - not fast) run afterward
3) my new Beco carrier I ordered as our family gift from my parents
4) my lovely, lovely animal dyson vacuum cleaner
5) My culdy-women folk
6) CC
7) Rafi's smile
8) Googlewavw
9) Burn Notice marathon (reminds me of the summer marathons I had on the couch with Raf!)
10) new Marks and Spencers pajamas from my sister, Melissa
11) audible books and especially, at the moment, Swedish mysteries.
12) This picture:



I was going to write 10 but those audible books make everything so much better! And Dave sent this very sweet picture of Raf and Taylor.

happy new year, all, and please do sometimes leave a comment when you visit the blog.

4 comments:

  1. Thats a lovely Pic of Taylor Raf and Momma :)

    Wish you all a very very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2010 from little Raami, Raami's Amma and Papa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blockbuster Book from world's #1 "Make Real Money on the Internet" Absolutely Free!.!! Get your copy now! http://tinyurl.com/y99wnzw

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post! happy new year to all of you xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you all! What a lovely post. I hope you know that all of us are thankful for YOU. And we are so happy to see you so content. May your next year be as wonderful as the last!
    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete