Friday, February 28, 2014

"Mama, I...."

Raf can be rather fickle. He is remarkably loving and sweet, and, sometimes, he is not.... ! For example, last night, as we were lying in bed, he said, 'mum, I've got something to tell you. Sometimes I love you and sometimes I don't. When you give me vegetables and carrots, I don't love you. When you give me big kisses and juice, I love you'. This morning he was telling me that, 'mummy, you're the best'! Over and over again. And then a few minutes later, when I said he had to wait to watch a new Thomas film (i.e. until tomorrow's movie night) he said that I actually was not the best.

I'm often referred to as 'rubbish' when I say that it's not time for the telly. And when I've pressed him on what he prefers, me or the telly, I usually wish I hadn't. 

At other times (and thankfully, at least for now, these moments are more often than the above ones), he will say, 'mummy, guess who I love the most?' and he'll respond in some cryptic way, for instance, 'she's in this room, next to me, and he's a girl in the house'. Little monkey. 



1 comment: