Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dogs & Cupboards

I work half-days on Monday and Thursday's and this allows me some Daddy-Son time for which I'm grateful/lucky for - beyond trying to cram everything into the weekend. I have lots of plans for the warmer summer months when I won't have to think twice before heading out - unlike presently where we have to negoiate three snow banks, a treacherous drive-way to get Rafi's chariot from the garage - if the door isn't frozen shut. We still try to head out around 10am with the doggie boys on their double lead - and do two brisk miles before heading home to thaw out - sometimes Raf sleeps and then the boys get a little longer to leave their yellow messages in the snow...

Before I go further - it was Kiltie's sixth birthday last week. He is a great dog - a terrier of the highest order. Sharp as a tact, loyal and fearless, except when a little Yorkie in the neighborhood ambushes him a few times a year - and he loses all his senses for a few moments, until Sammy sidekick steps in and breaks them up! We can't believe it's six years since he winged his way from Nebraska - and despite his passion for aimless barking and Al's frequent threats to list him on Craigs List - he is our first doggie son! We hope he bucks the trend for small dog life expectancy and lives forever, and Sammy too!

So back to Mondays & Thursdays - and after our walk, we play either downstairs and then upstairs - and as the day goes on the house begins to look like a few bombs have gone off and my poor attempts to keep up disappears completely. Add the boys into the mix, and their dirty and destructive habits - I'm left shaking my head, rubbing my chin and ready to push it all into cupboards, any cupboards. Though Rafi has taken to placing himself into any cupboard he can get into - giggling inside before pushing the door open and then repeating for 20 times before moving onto the next one until I fish him out after it becomes a safety issue! It doesn't matter if he is sitting on food, the urge to get inside is too great! So this is how my Mondays and Thursdays have gone recently, just dogs and cupboards...

2 comments:

  1. Daddy-Son time is soo precious! Our cute little toddlers keep us on our toes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How completely adorable! I love the title of your post, too.

    ReplyDelete