Sunday, April 18, 2010

A date with friends

Hi all (or maybe just hi Louisa! I think our readership has gone down!)

I've had a very social weekend, even though it was also quite low key. Rich was horribly ill yesterday so we hung about the house. OUr friend Kate visited, though, and I think she was a little surprised by how much Raf has grown... She commented that Raf looks just like his mama, which is curious since everyone seems to say something different. Kate bought Raf the most beautiful little tooth holder for when he eventually loses his teeth - though we're anxiously awaiting the first tooth. The bottom two have definitely poked through but they're hiding behind the gum - you can just feel the sharpness for now. Anyway, I enjoyed a lovely, blissful walk with Kate, even whilst it was snowing (gah).

Today I met some friends for lunch. Meghann is pregnant, which is just very exciting! We went to Flatbread Pizza and had a great time. Because Rich and Raf are under the weather, Rich dropped Raf off towards the end of the lunch date so he could see his friends without becoming overwhelmed. Unfortunately he was nonetheless overwhelmed and spent the entire hour he was there seeming very shellshocked. I don wonder whether he is an introvert at heart. he is always so much happier at home. As soon as we got home he was back to his happy, beaming self. That said, it was very busy at the restaurant and he'd just woken up when he got there... still...

Here are some pics of Raf with Kim, Bistra, and Meghann.




Pretty happy with himself... loves ripping up paper!

12 comments:

  1. i still read!
    xo fia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I'm so glad you got out and had some nice time with some good people. It looks cosy and chilled in the the pizza place and rafi just looks so cute, introverted or extroverted. God, I hope that fucking ash doesn't hang around; I need to meet this little 'un before he's taller than me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, thanks, Fi!

    The pizza place is lovely, lou. They even have a vegan pizza, which is just to die for. It's very kid friendly, too... Will take you there when you come and visit. I'm sure we'll make it over in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goody. I'm definitely coming over this year. Brace yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss pizza! The vegan cheese here is nasty nasty nasty. But I can imagine a nice flatbread pizza with fresh tomato and basil sauce, mushrooms, tofu, or fake bacon (which i love and is so high protein - the one here at least) or maybe some avocado.

    I want to take you to camden when you come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. al, I'm getting on a cargo ship to portland, ME, ok? See you in a few weeks. lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still read but rarely comment in case you cant remember who I am!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for reading, you lot. And smileygem of course I remember who you are :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alex! So glad you all have been getting out and having fun, despite all of the bugs going around. And glad Raf is growing so beautifully.

    I miss you! xoxoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. i read hon, i love all the photo updates of lil raf.... and good vegan pizza?? Gimme!! x

    ReplyDelete