Thursday, April 8, 2010

3/4 of a year, illness, etc.

Busy week, as usual, and once again Raf has been sick. Poor baby. My guess is that he's in a terrible cycle of being ill, thus lowered immunity, and thus more vulnerable to sickness. It's been quite an awful couple of days. Tuesday night Raf was up ALL night with a very high fever (103). He was miserable, absolutely miserable, and was very sick around 3am. He didn't go to nursery because a) we didn;t want to infect Hudson and Sierra, and 2) he's been up all night and was of course wanting his mama. I took him to the Drs as we'd called the office and they suggested we come in. I was a bit embarrassed as we'd only been there on Friday for a rash on Raf's face. At the time I thought it might be a viral rash, or something, because he has just been 'off' for a long while now. But they thought it was nothing... so, anyway, back we went, seeing another doctor, and she thought that Raf just had a tummy bug. Tylenol brought down his fever, thankfully, and last night we enjoyed better sleep.

But the reality is that when Raf's ill we don't have a back-up, or anyone who could take care of him. As it was on Wednesday Rich went to work in the morning and in the afternoon I took Raf to campus and waited for Rich to come and watch Raf while I was in class.

Talk about exhausted.

And did I mention that yesterday Raf turned NINE months! no cake, but we did buy him one of the walkers (not the dangerous sort :) )

Thankfully Raf is feeling quite a bit better. I worked from home today, and here Raf is helping me mark essays :)


6 comments:

  1. what an adorable little man :)
    hope lil raf gets a break from the bugs. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he's feeling better! He looks like quite a happy boy in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be your back up! I just need about 12 hour's notice to get to the airport and to fly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alex! Oh I'm sorry the little Poppet has been so sick. And that you have no back-up. It's frustrating not being able to BE your back-up! I wish I could come over there and pitch in to give you two a rest. Perhaps you can think of this as his immune system getting exercise. Yeah, that's it! (Does it help to think that he can never have this or that particular virus again??? :-)

    xoxo hang in there,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh he is cute isn't he!

    i hope he (and consequently you) is feeling better.

    love lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks, everyone. Even more illness now. I'm looking forward to summer being here, and hopefully the end of some illnesses.

    Ah, I used to know sleep :)

    ReplyDelete