Monday, November 9, 2009

One Year On

Eek, our internet has been on the blink for a week.. with spotty reception here and there. I'll try and update tomorrow, but I wanted to quickly point out a few things:

On November 1st, 2008 we discovered we were expecting a baby! I peed on a stick at 4am one Saturday, the day we were heading with Ren to meet Fia and Laur for the Boston Veg Fest. They must have thought me terribly rude as I was desperate to retest and thus to leave our day together very early. We stopped off at the Target on Route One in Boston to test again.. such a faint line. The next day, still unsure, I tested again in Hannafords as I went to meed Kim, Bistra and Meghan for lunch... another positive - 9 in fact - but then a negative digital. Oh... the anxiety. On the Tuesday I tested with a digital again and got a positive. En route to my 8am class I stopped off at Jen's office - with pregnancy test in pocket - to share the early news. I am not goos at keeping things in :)

And so Raf is 4 months old now (this past Saturday). We saw Deb for his 4 month wellness check up. he's 15 pounds 1 and 25 inches long. His weight gain slowed down and he's had a height spurt. His head, though, is quite big... 95th percentile big :) He did have a shot, though, and that night he was just miserable.. as were we as he cried inconsolably for HOURS. Eek. We're currently dealing with the 4 month sleep regression, which I hear is pretty common. Oh my, I am going sort of loopy from the lack of sleep.

And on that note I'm heading to bed - hopefully.

9 comments:

  1. i remember all those tests! I was having such a shit time then and it was such a joy to hear about your news. Love you, buddy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! just think of all that has happened in the last year!

    this time last year i was 7 months pregnant... now leila is almost 11 months old. i find i hard to remember what is was like not having her in my life... :)

    kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time really flies!
    Raami was already in last year by this time, however I found out I am pregnant on Nov 21st. He is 4 months now...He is 13.6 pounds and 24.5 inches tall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya lou, thanks for being there for me all the way through, too.. even though you're across the pond. Love you, dear friend.

    Aw, Kate, I can't believe how time flies... it's just going much too fast. And Leila is so adorable. What a lovely girl!

    Reami - thanks for visiting my blog! I'm about to check yours (are you from MDC?) Love the name, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog too and for your comment. No I am not from MDC(?). I live in Dallas metro Area. Abhirama (nickname Raami) is Jul'09 dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex, you are so good about marking time, stopping to observe those special moments. That is wonderful! It's so hard to believe he is already four months old!!! We miss you--I hope we get to see you soon.

    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that trip so vividly (let's be honest, VegFest sucked horribly; I had NO desire to go this year) - how strange to think that he is a real little person now!
    xoxo
    me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy pregnancy birthday! Rafi is really the second cutest boy I have ever seen, and I only have to say that cause of my own boy ;-) Really he is a doll and I could just eat him up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

    ReplyDelete