Saturday, September 18, 2010

Little Otis

A website has been set up for my friend's son who passed away on Monday... There are some unbelievably beautiful yet heartbreaking photos. There is a memorial service in Oakland, CA for the little guy at 1pm today.

http://otisnidy.wordpress.com/

Today some of us who can't attend the service will be honouring Otis by releasing balloons, lighting a candle, being in our favourite places - and documenting these tributes so that we can share them with Otis' mama and papa. Please feel free to do the same.. I know it would mean a lot to our dear friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of them right now. I've been so touched by this. I think it's hard not to be. It also occurred to me that both little girls whom I've cared for (Zoey and Elsie) nearly died at birth and it's just gut-wrenching to think of the loss. I had to really choke back the tears when I released the balloon today

    ReplyDelete