Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Raf is My Co-Pilot

Due to illness and college work running has been difficult to fit in - and also finding quality time with Al and Raf - so yesterday was the day to roll out the green Chariot and go for a three mile run around the neighborhood - with Raf my somewhat eager co-pilot.

Off we went - it's easier than you think - only vacant looks from men in their huge pickup trucks remind you that you are pushing a large combination of canvass and metal tubing, with a small slightly non-plussed child peering out the front. The small inclines were no problem, and the distant clap of thunder made us go a little faster towards the end. Raf didn't have any complaints and was quiet all the way around, possibly transfixed by the front wheel - that didn't come flying off this time!

This time was a test run - but for future runs we'll time some of these three mile loops and see how 'we' can bring down the times over the summer!! We also have a 7 mile trail run earmarked as our long run with the Chariot, and when it's warmer we'll finish at the lake for a dip, we're looking forward to that already...

6 comments:

  1. It looked like you both had fun! I wonder if we'll get out on our family run this evening. It is, though, much easier to push than you'd think. I'll upload a pic later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw a post from Mr Oliver. There aren't enough of them! When I come over I'll video you guys! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw I shall be calling you only by the name toryboy when I see you a week tomorrow should they get in! And alex: you'll be margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Artful - I can live with toryboy, since they seem to be on the verge of No.10 - and now that I'm a family man, I must look after my own interests at all costs, whilst looking down on the unfortunates who live for hand-outs and fleecing the NHS whilst living in mansions - it's all in the Daily Mail...

    ReplyDelete
  5. did al show you the daily mail song on youtube? fantastic stuff. In case you were feeling second (or third) rate, I'm really looking forward to seeing you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did see the Daily Mail song - silly little left-wingers! Actually it was great!! See you soon...

    ReplyDelete